Local Home Maintenance Contractors
Avoid major costs of repair and replacement in your home projects.
When you’re thinking about them home maintenance projects may be costly to you. But we have some tips that may help you keep the home maintenance projects within the budget.
The home maintenace projects you may want to keep an eye on
- You will want to keep tabs on your roof – with leaks that can go unaddressed they can cause many issues. Mold and mildew can start to grow in your attic or you can have rot or an electrical short that can happen they all are bad for the condition of your home. You can have your roof professionally inspected it will usually cost you about $120-$300. Every six months or so you should have your roof inspected before its too late for major damage and cost will go up.
- Its always said to take care of those gutters – Keeping your gutters unclogged is easy for the most part. It’s cheap to have your gutters inspected and cleaned – it beats having them repaired or replaced you’ll be looking at a couple thousand.
- Take care of your exterior walls – if this means to power wash they do so. Make sure you keep an eye on the exterior walls because if paint starts to peel or blister the repair costs are not going to be friendly and the energy efficiency of your home is going to suck. It’s best not to DIY this and have a professional take care of this issue.
- Keep your deck looking its best – having a deck can be fun for most but can turn into a large project or a DIY project. We suggest you keep an eye on the wear and tear of your deck. Any missing screws, nails, and bad boards should be replaced along with loose railings. Most people take deck projects one piece at a time and get the deck looking like new over time. If you want to have it repaired in one season you can hire a local deck contractor to maintain the outdoor space for you.
Make sure your taking care of these home projects
- Avoid clogs in your plumbing – If you smell any odors from your bathroom it might be time to do some regular maintenance. Slow running drains can turn into full plumbing system failures. You can hire a drain cleaner nearby to come and service your drains to. Also, don’t forget if you live on a septic you need to have that cleaned out every three years a drain cleaning contractor can also do that for you.
- Keep that HVAC system turning – replacing the air filter on your HVAC system can sometimes do the trick to get it back to top running condition. If your HVAC system has seen better days don’t wait until it fully breaks to repair it or replace it. It can cost thousands to replace an HVAC system.
- Clean out your chimney – your chimney is another fire hazard and it can cause a number of other issues in the house. If you smell any odors from your chimney its time to call a professional to sweep the chimney.
These projects are also important for home maintenace
- Fix the garbage disposal – fixing your garbage disposal can take under 20 minutes. If you need a new garbage disposal you can pick one up at the hardware store for about $75.
- Keep an eye on the laundry room – the one room in your home that is the biggest hazard is your laundry room not cleaning out your dryer vent can cause a house fire. You should clean out your lint trap every time you use the dryer. You should clean out your dryer vent at least once a year. Doing this can save your house and it costs you nothing.
- Check out your doors and windows – Doors and windows are essential the safety of your home. If they are not properly taken care of that will make it easy for someone to break in. Now you can hire a local locksmith nearby but they may charge you about $150 to change the locks and re-key the doors. You can get away with DIY for maybe $30. If you want the peace of mind a locksmith may be a good option to consider.
- Keep your bathrooms mold/leak free – the bathroom can be a whole other project to itself what we mean is bathrooms are known to grow mold and have a number of leaks. Mold should be the main concern as it gets worse you may have to have some one that deals with mold come out. A leaking faucet a plumber nearby can work on that to replace it. You should still check for leaks every few months to see if you need to replace anything in the bathroom.
The best suggestion for home maintenance projects
The best suggestion we have is not to wait until the last minute to find the easy fix for your home maintenance project. Get on the list of things you have before they cost you a ton of money.
Taking care of a house is a lot of work and can be costly but the above list we think will at least help you in considering what to fix first if there are any issues you run into. Plus it’s always a good idea to have a home maintenance contractor nearby that’s reliable and good.