Moving into a house can be stressful. You got to think about everything from packing up your things to how you’re going to get those things to your new place. When you’re moving it can be easy to forget things. But here are a few things to keep in mind when you packing for the move.
Creating a to-do list can help you move
- Create a to-do list before you move to create a to-do list of everything you need to do. You should know how to pack your things and move them. This will help you save time and money because you are avoiding mistakes.
- Deciliter your current home. Start with cleaning out the things you don’t want or do need to have such as magazines or knick-knacks even clothes. Don’t forget to clean out your garage kitchen or bathroom. Also, look at cleaning out your basement or storage unit.
- Change your address this is very important if you don’t change your address all your bills will be sent to your old address once you move and not forwarded to your new one.
- Clean your house thoroughly before you move out and deep clean the new house before you move in. You can usually get a one-time cleaning in Michigan. You want to make sure the house smells clean and is tidy the day you move in. Things you can focus on for cleaning making sure all surfaces in your bathroom is wiped down and the kitchen sink isn’t a disaster area. Also, sweep and vacuum the floors throughout the house. Make sure you have enough cleaning supplies to accomplish this task. You might be able to find a decent vacuum that’s lightweight and deep cleans the carpet.
Here are a few options
- You can research moving companies it’s important to find the best moving company in your area. Ask around for any moving company recommendations from friends and family. The second step to this is to read reviews of local moving companies and make your choices online. You want a company that’s going to over reliable and quality services.
- Before you move in it’s important to do things like clean the carpet in Michigan before you start bringing in Furniture then you don’t have to move it once it’s in the house. Plus if you live with pets you can be dealing with dust mites in the carpet and other allergens. If you don’t have time to clean the carpets yourself you can hire a local carpet cleaner in the area of like Troy Michigan to take care of your carpet cleaning. Bonus idea: while you’re at cleaning the house think about cleaning out the air ducts you should do it about every two years or so and most carpet cleaners in Michigan offer that service.
What else do you need to think about when you move
There is a lot to think about when moving into a new place and not having a to-do list for home repairs and cleaning tasks can make your day that much more daunting. Take it easy settling down in your new place and having a to-do list can let you ease into the process of moving. Good luck!